Thursday, August 7, 2014

Obligatory Birthday Post

so, another year has passed. i've never spent my birthday completely alone before and this year, i decided to do just that, after the past couple of years of wanting to do so.

i've almost made it a custom to be out of town on my birthday for some years now. perhaps this started when he started it so, well, sort of. this year, i've returned to the city where we began our second-time-around affair. it's been a long sordid affair, lasting for the most of the last 10 years.

i really thought that it would mean something and would be my final destination this time around but this time, it lasted so much less than the other times, the relationships we had, the trysts that we had. perhaps this time for the last and for the best.

i'm here, today, on my birthday to mend myself - my heart, my soul, myself. i'm here to tell myself that i am ok on my own. that i am me, that my life depends on myself. i want to live for myself and nobody else.

do not judge me and call me selfish. i will only live for my happiness. this is what i deserve.

happy birthday, me.

No comments: